Tomorrow





Hi there, how are you today?

A few days ago I have been challenged to write a story using this language (English), actually I have a lot of story to tell, but you know, lately I've been too busy to make this kind of things, huhhuhuhuhu T-T. Yeah, I have been preparing my oral presentation for annual conference few days to come, I also been finishing my final report for my final research project. And no wonder my panda eyes getting bigger and thicker ʘ_ ʘ 

But still, challenge is a challenge.. I need to accomplish it, so today I’m going to tell a story about a song, which is for me it has a deep meaning

This actually song of one rookie boy group (even finally now they become the second year) from South Korea or known well as a boy band named ‘Bangtan Boys’. I just into them few months ago. At first they attract me, maybe because of the superb choreography (you have to watch them! I’m serious), but then I realized that most of their songs are also meaningful, nope it's even so deep. their songs, mostly talk about youth, dreams, spirit, happiness, sadness, etc. Moreover, some of their songs sound like a little criticism about ‘rule of life in society’ (South Korea particularly, maybe) let’s say some of it are : No more dream, N.O, dope, etc. just search it by yourself yaa. Because I'm not going to talk about them, this only about the songs, one song.

One of the songs that been being my favorite is ‘Tomorrow’
This song tells about the feeling of 20ish who become so afraid to face tomorrow, don’t know what to do, but still remember that the time always flow and no one can’t stop it. Then the fear become bigger and bigger day by day because he/she knows that time keeps running and he/she only can stand still, as an iceberg.

So, do you want to read the lyric? I write it (noted!, I mean copy. Hihihi) here as an English translation, because if I using the full lyric in Korean, you might won't be understood, hahaha, me too :P
Check this out dudes

Tomorrow
Same day, same moon
24/7 every moment repeats
My life is in between
Jobless twenty-somethings are afraid of tomorrow
It’s funny, you think anything is possible when you’re a kid
When you feel how hard it is to get through a day
Keep feeling like the “Control” beat, keep downloading it
Every single day is a repetition of ctrl+c, ctrl+v
I have a long way to go but why am I running in place?
I scream out of frustration but the empty air echoes
I hope tomorrow will be different from today
I’m just wishing
Follow your dream like breaker
Even if it breaks down, oh better

Follow your dream like breaker
Even if it breaks down, don’t ever run backwards, never
Because the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest
Even in the far future, never forget the you of right now
Wherever you are right now, you’re just taking a break
Don’t give up, you know
Don’t get too far away, tomorrow
Don’t get far away, tomorrow
Don’t get too far away, tomorrow
The tomorrow we’ve been waiting for becomes the name of yesterday at some point
Tomorrow becomes today, today becomes yesterday, tomorrow becomes yesterday and is behind me
Life isn’t about living along but living through
As you live through, you’ll disappear someday
If you keep spacing out, you’ll be swept away, if you ain’t no got the guts, trust
It’ll all become yesterday anyway so what’s the use?
I wanted to become happy and strong but why am I getting weaker?
Where am I going? I’m going here and there but I always come back here
Yeah, I’ll probably flow somewhere, is there an end to this maze?
Tomorrow, keep walking, we’re too young to stop
Tomorrow, open the door, we see too much to shut the door
When the dark night passes, a bright morning will come
When tomorrow comes, the bright light will shine so don’t worry
This isn’t a stop but just a pause in your life for a break
Turn up your thumbs and press play so everyone can see




How do you feel? And what do you think?
One word, simple “tomorrow” means anything. We know our life isn't like Mayor William Cage’s life (you will understand after watching Edge of Tomorrow) who can repeat the story every time he died. But our time is gonna be always, no repeat, no rewind, no playback. Tomorrow gonna be today, today gonna be yesterday, and yesterday was the day that we can’t repair if we found something wrong.
I just marked the some of my favorite words, okay then, let’s talk about this

The first the line I marked here is
 I have a long way to go but why am I running in place? I hope tomorrow will be different from today
This, feels like playing under the carousel at the amusement park, but actually the goal itself is somewhere else. Everyone always wants a new day with a new hope, but it’s gonna be the same if we’re not doing anything isn't it? What we’re going to do with new day without any goal, without any plan, even without any movement. In summarizing, my opinion by reading this sentence, not a million years to get it until you really start doing it. So if you are hoping for something, start to reach it! Not tomorrow, but now as soon as possible. As fast as you can. Don’t be rushed dudes, but keep moving J


Next lines are
Follow your dream like breaker
Even if it breaks down, oh better

Even if it breaks down, don’t ever run backwards, never
Yeah, just follow your dream… pretend no one judging on you. Make sure you also be sure with your own choice. Some people might be afraid being failed. But trust me, better failed than never try. It's going to hurt you more dudes. For example, one day you’re going to join an extremely prestigious club at your college with many qualifications needed. Because you think that’s really impossible to pass, then you decided NOT to TRY the selection. But then a few days later you know that all participants will be selected based on agreement rather than qualifications. What you gonna feel? You might gonna say, ‘why don’t I just try it, if I know the selection will be this simple I’m sure I could join that club”. Did it kind of a regret? Yes for sure.
'But what do I do if I fail?' keep trying dudes
Just think fail is one of the many ways to waking you up, for me too of course.


Because the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest
dawn right before the sun shines beautifully is the darkest, but it might be will be the end of the darkness. So what? I don’t get it!
Okay, calm down… this sentence served as a reminder that, the darkest time for us might be will be the beginning of the shining day. No one knows what will happen next, right? We could only predict it based on the effort we have been struggling and endure. So what are you waiting for? One more time, make a move, not to look back even less step back. Just keep moving forward, until you could see your day rise beautifully as rise as the morning sun J


Then
The tomorrow we’ve been waiting for becomes the name of yesterday at some point
Tomorrow becomes today, today becomes yesterday, tomorrow becomes yesterday and is behind me
Sometimes We tend to delay something and said ‘it can be handled tomorrow. So I’m going to do it tomorrow, not today'. Mostly we use ‘tomorrow’ as an excuse to delay doing something today, we always think there will always be tomorrow. It’s okay if you use the term ‘tomorrow’ in a good way, but what if you use it as an excuse. Remember that every tomorrow will be today, and then we passed today and said, there still a lot of ‘tomorrow’ so it’s better for me to do it tomorrow and the next tomorrow. My question is, how many tomorrow you’ve prepared?


keep walking, we’re too young to stop
Yes! This is so true. We’re too young to stop. Even if we’re getting older, So what? No reason to stop our move.


so if we could imagine if you are....

Imagine you are the 20ish person in a junction, half way to go. But you don’t know what's gonna choose. Is it left or right, or just need to go straight forward, or it will be more safe If I back to the start. Then in the middle of your chaotic thoughts, confused mind, undecided step movement you realize that the second ticking constantly and leave you behind slowly. Okay then you finally rise up and take the first step, and decided what you really want to do. But unfortunately you fall and almost give up, because you think this is over, all of your sacrifices and struggles seems so useless. At this point you just feel like you’re at the deepest and darkest part ever in the whole of your life. But C’mon, remember that the dawn right before the sun rises is the darkest, but after it, you could see the sunshine, right? So, when will it be best to begin again? Is it tomorrow? Not tomorrow, but today or even now. The more tomorrow, you use, the more time you spent a waste. Then, if we meet with a failure in the next try? keep walking, we’re too young to stop J



What did You just say? You so rude!
But You right -_-

Comments

Popular Posts