5th August, 2017 : What do you love to read?
Compared to me right now, I used to read a lot. yup a lot. I was reading like a crazy and it
made my mother mad at me every time I start hold a new book. Why? That’s a good thing why did your mom
angry? Hahaha I forget to tell you what kind of book I read.
Comics!
I used to finish
around 2 series of it, which it means 10-20 comics in a day. So, I almost
(always) did nothing but finished those comics. But listen, I only doing that during
the school holiday, so I not need anything else to do like studying or
attending the class, right?. It was kinda like a present from my father if I can
pass the semester with a good grade. I was so happy even though it wasn’t a
brand new comics or for instance, it was a second hand comic. That’s what my
father can afford at that time, yet I grateful for everything my father gave to
me.
Ok back to book,
And after I grew up lil bit more (mature) than when I was
during primary school, I start to read different kind of book. At first I was
trying to read book like other teenager do (reading romance novel) but then I realize
that’s not my style. Instead of reading those romantic novels, I prefer
something like fantasy, mystery and criminal cases. After I grew up little bit
more (be an adult, hahha, you know my age has already started with number 2 for
the first digit), I finally understand what kind of book which really suit me
the best : Biography!
I didn’t realize when did my first time I considering myself
as a biographic reader. But things that I remember, this kind of book could
make me cry, laugh, disgust and every emotion which served though the book. I could
easily feel the emotion of the book, a flash back story played in my head, and
feel like already know the character.
I think that’s enough about the story of what do I love to
read. To close today’s post, I’ll share you ten books which successfully (the most recent)
mesmerized me (order by the time I read). Some books were in english and the
rest were in Bahasa
1. The Girl with seven names - Lee Hyeon-seo, David John
2. In order to live - Park Yeon-mi
3. Into the thin air – Jon Krakauer
4. Jejak Kiyai Jawa – Munadi Herlambang
5. letter to my daughter – Maya Angelou
6. Give me tomorrow – O’donnel
7. The orphan Master’s Son – Adam Johnson
8. I am Malala - Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb, Patricia
McCormick
9. Mata Penakluk – Abdullah Wong
10. Stumbling on Happiness – Daniel Gilbert
Comments
Post a Comment