So, what am I doing now?

It’s been like 4 months since the first time I came here for the second time, Thailand. I had never expected that I will be here again to obtain my master degree. Well, honestly at first my Professor was also offering me a Doctoral program, which of course will take about 5 years at least since I only have my Bachelor degree. But then, I was worried about the duration and afraid that I will be bored soon, nope actually there may be another reason why I need to think about this like a thousand times, you know I’m a girl, in a critical quarter age, independently have no partner of life (so far). you must be understand what I am thinking about. Hahaha. Anyway, after a long compilations and discussions with my parents of course, I decided to apply for the Master instead of PhD. Well, hopefully I will have a chance to obtain my doctoral degree as well in the future story of my life.

I’m studying in one of the Tech university in Thailand not so nerdy but somehow I feel like a bit nerd since the first time I start to study here. Well, courses, labs and so many times library visit. Specially during the exam weeks, normally I will stay in the library until past midnight (1am, or more). Idk but students here are really passionate when it comes to study, so just by seeing them study all the time makes me a bit (just a bit, lol) motivated too.
It is located in the northern part of Thailand, which in my opinion still in the middle (or not yet?) whatever, and during this ‘winter’ time it is super cool specially in the morning, and of course you better not to expect the snow since this is just a typical tropical country haha. But I would say, here is not as hot as how it is feel in Bangkok or even Semarang.

Talking about the major I am taking, well you might be surprised yes, it is a BIOCHEMISTRY!! I never thought that I would be part of the school of chemistry, because honestly I hate chemistry since I was in the high school. One of my prof told us during the class : what you hate in the past might come around you in the future. And it is really happened! HAHAHA. I should have said that I hate a handsome man. LOL.

Even though I’m majoring biochem, my project is really similar to what I did previously : Playing with DNA, RNA protein and everything. My main project is about gene expression, which of course I have been expecting for so long. Actually, since I was in a high school because I like SciFi movie, and my motivation was at first came from the imagination of Sci-Fi movie. It might be a bit funny to say that, intrigued by favorite movies in the past I finally decided my future carrier, and yes I did, a naive young girl back then who didn’t even know how the real face of the world is.

under the school of chemistry as well as a student majoring biochemistry, I realized about one thing that keep comes to my mind “where I have been??” the more I’m studying, the more ignorant I’m. I even cannot face my final GPA of my undergrad since I feel like I didn’t deserve it.

You might asking why? Well, even though I’m talking about protein, DNA, RNA, lipids carbohydrate and everything which I used to study during my undergrad, but those all have “chemistry” on it. I need to understand the bonds in the biomolecules, the charges, properties, enzyme activities, I even have to schedule my own study time to learn about the organic chemistry and back to the quantum theory which I really hate. Haha. But this is my choice, I have to be responsible to every act I did, this too. I start to love it honesty, even though I have to give up on my sleep time. I have to study more harder than I used to do during undergrad, of course. Since this is master degree which of course requires more effort to achieve it. Wish me luck! 😁


Comments

Popular Posts