Map of My Story: 2. Vacation before the Vocation in March



The following story I made in rush because tomorrow I have to revise my presentation. Lol. This story was made after The Beginning, April and June story because I forgot that I have this story too. Therefore, instead of telling in detail, I’ll make the order based on picture. Let the pictures talk!

Enjoy

A short story, bulan maret liburan term 2 kemarin aku, Waheni, Oim dan Asti memutuskan buat jalan-jalan ke Bangkok. Awalnya kita pingin ke Chiangmai, tapi ternyata aku urgent harus perapanjang passport. Jadi sekalian karena waktu libur Cuma 2 minggu (yang in reality Cuma kurang dari seminggu karena masih harus kelab). It was a good choice actually. We rent a guest house which the price was incredibly cheap. We got the promotion from Traveloka and cut the price and finally we paid for THB283 for 2 nights per person which really cheap. It was equal to approx. Rp 120K. It is located in Rachatewi, near BTS station Phayathai. I guess it is a muslim area since we can find many halal foods there. Since we just want to use the room for sleep, clean up and put our belongings which mostly are clothes, so we just want to seek for the most convenient, accessible and affordable of course. One of my friend, Mba Rara also recommends this place because it's pretty close to the our campus Bangkok office, so we can easily go to the meeting point for the van. So, here we go

It was late March which means nearly April which means it's getting hotter day by day. Pardon my exhausted face. It was so hot because we just arrived after walked like about 4km.

I don't know why Oim and Astri argued so much. lol
Waiting and waiting because they still clean the room
Here are some facilities used in the common place


I forget to bring my coffee. Glad they have this

 In the evening we went to Asiatique by BTS. Oim has been living in Thailand for about 2 years which means he knows the road better than the rest of us. We just followed his plan. Chao Praya is a famous river in Bangkok and there were so many tourists there (including us, sometimes I forget that I'm a foreigner, I feel so local here 😆😆). There so many choice for the boat, since our destination is Asiatique, the boats were prepared for free. The scenery was so great.


My kinda fav. mode of taking picture







The place was a bit crowded, there were so many people there. After finished window shopping, we straightly headed to the place behind Asiatique. There is a big mosque and in front of the mosque, there were so many street foods, which are Halal. OMG, I was so happy because finding halal food in here is such a big deal. Next to the mosque, there such a food court which also provide many halal foods.
  

Later that day, we just had so much fun at Asiatique. the atmosphere was getting more intense but the wind was blowing stronger than before. At around 8PM we back to the place where previously we hopped on the boat. Instead of directly went to Rachatewi, we stopped at Siam Paragon for dinner. I was planning to go to the book shop. But I thought that everyone was tired already so I suggested to return in the following day. 
Dark mode will always be my favorite

We had so much fun

I would never gonna eat this 😖


In the next day, we were planning to go to Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun. Instead of using BTS, we went there by buys because the place is a bit far. There were many tourists. we decide to see the palace from outside the second gate because we need to pay for THB500 which for me, I prefer use that money to buy some foods. hahaha. Anw, we can pass the first gate because they open it for free. And here some snapshoots. 


Waiting for the bus. It was just about 9 or 10 in the morning. But the sun OMG. I canttt

Idk what is this, but it is located near the bus stop close to the grand palace

This place also located near Grand Palace

Somehow, this place reminds me to Joglo


Here is Grand Palace which temporary closed due to the event which I don't know

Me in all black absorbing the sunshine

Entah apa yang mereka omongkan
Next we went to Wt Pho which located behind the grand palace. Grand palace itself is a VERY HUGE place. Meaning we walked for about 2Km in the middle of the day which was really hot. Stupidly, we can take Tuktuk, but since we didn't know how far it was (we thought it was close because in ht google map it's located just behind the palace. Lesson: do not trust that online map 100%). This place has many temples made of ceramic which are beautiful. Here some snaps.








For the next destination we need to take the boat to cross the river. We pay 4 baht for the boat and this boat brought us to the final Wat we visited. Wat Arun. it was a beautiful place in which most of the temples were made of white ceramic. We did not go inside the temple because it was extremely hot. We just had lunch in one of the rest area. Here are some picts.



Why did the guy in purple looked like judging me so much. hahaha

This truly really beautiful. We can go up there. But I preferred to stay under the shade of the tree while took this pict

Look at the sun. It stung our bare skins


The next stop is Book store! Yes, we went to a second hand book Dasa Book. I visited this book shop in 2016 when I lived in Thai before. This place is just a small 3 floors room, with tons of English book and some France, Germany and some other languages. Since the books that I was looking for were not there we moved to Kinokuniya at Siam Paragon (here we go again). Compared to Kinokuniya in Indonesia, the books in Kinokuniya Bangkok are relatively cheaper. The last time I bought a book from Kinokuniya in Jakarta, the price was over than Rp 200K (nearly Rp 300K I guess). But here in Bangkok, most of the books (with the same author and publisher) were lower than Rp 200K. Therefore, I paid just Rp 900K for five books. This store definitely worth to visit.


I am so in love with this place
In the last day, we went to the Indonesian embassy to take my new passport. I was so happy because the process was quick and easy. Overall I do really like their service. 


While waiting for others, I can take tons of selca. hahaha



Yeay, say hello to my new passport. I was so happy because the officer (Mba Ita) letting me to choose my own photo and retook the photo when I said I dissatisfied with the result. lol


Holiday was over. Time to back to Korat.


*See you in the next story (Pt. 3)


*BONUS*


Gak tau ini makanan namanya apa. Hahahaha But still delicious

They called this kwecap. Don't worry this one is halal also




Makan makanan Indonesia di kantin KBRI. bahagiaa

Comments

Popular Posts