A maze: Prolog

The brain is one of the most mysterious things in the world. Most of us don't really know how it actually works unless we are a neuroscientist. Although neuroscientists alone would be overwhelmed studying this sitting organ inside of our head with no collaborative study. The structural complexity of the brain as well as its dynamic network require multidisciplinary approaches. The brain is truly a definition of a perfect maze full of conundrums. Therefore, when it comes to an error, or a disfunction at any part of it, even the tiniest part of it may damage someone’s life.

Mental illness has been a highlight over the past few years. Centuries ago, there was social stigmatization of mental illness. Thus, many people were extremely private when it comes to the topic. Lucky us, living in the era where mental illness is no longer a disgrace, at least for the majority of us.

Those are the things that I have studied ever since the topic of mental health caught my attention.

Several years ago, although I was majoring in biology and biochemistry of cancer which actually has almost zero connection to mental health, I have been interested to understand more about any topics related to mental issues. The books that I read had been switching from fiction to non-fiction, particularly anything related to mental issues. It was maybe a slight hint that I would be extremely in the need of mental illness awareness.

I didn’t know back then that I would be this close to the mental issues struggles.

Yes, one of my family members is diagnosed with this invisible illness.

(To be continued)



Comments

Popular Posts