Internship story compilation : D day



Okay, so how do I start it?

About three months ago I got a really good news, I got a chance to join the internship program at BIOTEC, NSTDA Thailand. I never imagine that I would have this great chance. They told me that I will be working with Metagenome and cloning from bacteria, which I haven’t had to work with. That’s the reason why I feel really excited!!! I have never worked with those methods. Every time I need to sequence my DNA sample, I have to send it to genetic science (some people said it’s located in Singapore but the rest said it’s located in Malaysia, idk which one is true. I just know that my samples were sent it to genetic science (some people said it’s located in Singapore but the rest said it’s located in Malaysia, idk which one is true. I just know that my samples were sent overseas >_<) 

So, today I’m here. Touched down in Thailand (Dong Mueang Intl. airport) around 13.30. Ms. Bam (or later I called her P’Bam) have already waited for picked us with white paper written ‘BIOTEC’ for identity, so we could find her easily. We arrived in NSTDA area (which is consist over 10 buildings include laboratory, dormitory, and shop), around 4 PM. The driver dropped us at Shrindorn Science Home, our dorm. Well, the first impression of this building was like “seriously? This  will be our dorm. Oh you must be kidding me. This is really great” a building with 10 floors, large auditorium, a swimming pool, gym, small park, incredibly beautiful view, and I will be staying here for 3 months, this is just, unbelievable.

They also provide maids to clean our room twice a week, change the blanket and bed sheet. So we only can focus on working in the lab (I think, hehehe).
Morning view from pantry room at Shirindorn Science Home.

I’ll start my lab working after one day orientation (tomorrow) and opening ceremony on Wed 5th oct. 
The story just about to begin. 
Semangaaat :D   

Comments

Popular Posts