Internship story compilation : things that impress me
It's been a long time since the last time I wrote something here, isn't it?
This week is my 3rd week staying here. You might gonna ask me, 'do you miss home?' (GR banget kyk ada yg mau nanya 😅). Sure I do. But instead of miss my home, I rather feel like slapped by this reality. At first I never thought that here, will be this great. Compared to my land (if you know what I mean), this one is really far away (of course, it took 3-4 hours by plane, it makes sense it both countries are so far away #jokes #ifyounotlaugh #youreallygotnojams. You might gonna ask me again (GR part 2), 'what do you mean by compared? What did you compared?'
Even though you're not asking me, but I'm going to answer it 😂
First, Work ethic
I was so surprised by how people here work. Not only those who are working in the lab, but also all the workers. Idk, my friend told me this 'the reason why everybody here is really enthusiastic about work, and really discipline it's because we're living in the education area'
Okey, before I continue this point I'm going to describe abut the area that my friend mention before.
I'm working on the biotec lab, part of nstda, Thailand science park which is under the ministry of research (or smth like that). This area is surrounded by 2 big Colleges, AIT and Thamassat University.
They know when to work, and when to workout. They really understand what the differences between vocation and vacation.
I'm working at enzymes lab, which is consists a lot of researchers who had graduated from their master or doctoral program. Don't imagine that my lab is full of old men/women with white lab gown and grey hair, big eyeglasses and bad eyesight. Because, they were too young for that image. Yup, they fresh and really young. The average age of them around 26-45 (i think).
The atmosphere of working here is really great. Even though my lab is really crowded because there's a lot of stuff and people, but I still can enjoy it. For my program, I shared my lab with one of Indonesian participant, but we're working on different project and different supervisor.
Average time of working in this lab around 8-9 hours, start from 8am up to 5pm. But actually it depends on our project. It's quiet flexible and you can determine your own work time. You may gonna ask (again) how do I doy prayer, right? Don't worry, here Nstda provide a place for Muslims to pray 😁
Politeness
Talking about politeness, we might gonna say that we're, Indonesian are the most polite country, aren't we? Because I'm Indonesian, sure I do believe that 😁
But here, I have to admit that we're really respecting each other, doesn't care who you are. So, even though you can't speak thai, at least you have to understand how to say thank you, greeting, and sorry.
One of the thing that impress me the most is, they really patient and not selfish. I mean, here we're usually ride a bike. The car or bus driver is always letting us to go ahead.
Market
One of my Indonesian friend said to me that, market here has no tax. But, ther have to responsible with their own waste. That's the reason why almost all maket (that I've visited of course) are really clean.
What's else?
You wanna know?
See you in tge next chapter 😁
This week is my 3rd week staying here. You might gonna ask me, 'do you miss home?' (GR banget kyk ada yg mau nanya 😅). Sure I do. But instead of miss my home, I rather feel like slapped by this reality. At first I never thought that here, will be this great. Compared to my land (if you know what I mean), this one is really far away (of course, it took 3-4 hours by plane, it makes sense it both countries are so far away #jokes #ifyounotlaugh #youreallygotnojams. You might gonna ask me again (GR part 2), 'what do you mean by compared? What did you compared?'
Even though you're not asking me, but I'm going to answer it 😂
First, Work ethic
I was so surprised by how people here work. Not only those who are working in the lab, but also all the workers. Idk, my friend told me this 'the reason why everybody here is really enthusiastic about work, and really discipline it's because we're living in the education area'
Okey, before I continue this point I'm going to describe abut the area that my friend mention before.
I'm working on the biotec lab, part of nstda, Thailand science park which is under the ministry of research (or smth like that). This area is surrounded by 2 big Colleges, AIT and Thamassat University.
They know when to work, and when to workout. They really understand what the differences between vocation and vacation.
I'm working at enzymes lab, which is consists a lot of researchers who had graduated from their master or doctoral program. Don't imagine that my lab is full of old men/women with white lab gown and grey hair, big eyeglasses and bad eyesight. Because, they were too young for that image. Yup, they fresh and really young. The average age of them around 26-45 (i think).
The atmosphere of working here is really great. Even though my lab is really crowded because there's a lot of stuff and people, but I still can enjoy it. For my program, I shared my lab with one of Indonesian participant, but we're working on different project and different supervisor.
Average time of working in this lab around 8-9 hours, start from 8am up to 5pm. But actually it depends on our project. It's quiet flexible and you can determine your own work time. You may gonna ask (again) how do I doy prayer, right? Don't worry, here Nstda provide a place for Muslims to pray 😁
Politeness
Talking about politeness, we might gonna say that we're, Indonesian are the most polite country, aren't we? Because I'm Indonesian, sure I do believe that 😁
But here, I have to admit that we're really respecting each other, doesn't care who you are. So, even though you can't speak thai, at least you have to understand how to say thank you, greeting, and sorry.
One of the thing that impress me the most is, they really patient and not selfish. I mean, here we're usually ride a bike. The car or bus driver is always letting us to go ahead.
Market
One of my Indonesian friend said to me that, market here has no tax. But, ther have to responsible with their own waste. That's the reason why almost all maket (that I've visited of course) are really clean.
What's else?
You wanna know?
See you in tge next chapter 😁
Comments
Post a Comment