Sharing is Caring
"If you want happiness for
an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day,
go fishing.
If you want happiness for a
year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a
lifetime, help somebody."
~Chinese proverb
Do you believe in miracle? Have
you ever heard about the power of giving?
Me? absolutely I do. My father is
person who believe that whenever we share a little amount of what we have,
Allah will granted us with something bigger than we expected. He always says and
reminds me to giving something in order to help others. Even tough Allah has
promised us with those good advantages, but ya it’s better for us not to expect
it actually.
I’m lucky person
Am I a lucky person? Probably yes. Because, I had the privilege of witnessing
a lot of examples of tremendously unconditional giving and amazingly unconditional
receiving.
Some examples were coming from my
closest person, who always teaches me about a simple way to be happy. My
father. It was not long time ago, in this week. Okay, so on the last Wednesday
my father was having four meetings in a day, from the early morning until late
noon. During times between one meeting to another meeting (there was a break
time) my father visited one of our relative. She has a child. As an uncle, my
father gave him some pocket money (Literally, this is normally happening in
Indonesian culture). Less in 24 hours (on the same day!) Allah returned what my
father shared, more than tenfold from what my father gave.
I’ve had also experienced similar
situation a few years ago. When I was on public transportation I only brought some money just paid for the buses (I need to took 2-3 buses).
Suddenly, one of the buses that I was riding, raising its tariffs. I
was really confused, how could I ride the next bus if I haven’t enough money. Finally, I decided to call my father to pick me up in the first bus stop, so that I don't need to take a bus. Only few minutes passed. There was a
busker who just entered my bus. I remembered that I have some coins that might
worthwhile for him. So I searched on my uniform pocket. Surprisingly, I found some money, which was more than enough to pay my next bus.
I didn’t even remember when I put it in my pocket. I just felt, it was so amazing. I even haven't donated my coin.
Both above are some examples that
I could share here. I have countless stories that I can share with you about how
give more results receive more.
See, the power of giving is
really amazing. Okay, the more marvelous things beside how much ‘materials’
that the giver got, happiness is above it all.
“There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.” – Kahlil Gibran
Pleasure of giving more
Giving is part of human nature. I
can guarantee that you’ll be happy when see a person who received something
from you is smiling, won’t you? Why? Because you enjoyed the process. Positive
energy which surrounds you is spreading.
Giving something isn’t always
related to money or treasure. We also have time, energy, knowledge. We enjoy ‘precious time’ when we are giving our little time for someone who need it.
We get rid all of our ‘negative energy’ when we share our energy and help others. We gain our
knowledge when we made a repetition while we share our knowledge. Simple, right?
“Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.”― Dalai Lama
XIV
Give from your heart
After you know the formula of
giving more, receiving more, was there something moved inside or your heart? Like
the feeling of wanting to share what you have whatever now. If the answer is yes, because you only care about the advantages that come after giving something,
you might better think again.
The effect of receiving more
comes from a believe as well as you subconscious mind. You give because you
believe that you actually have more than what you need. This mere act of giving
from the heart creates ‘magic bound’ between Us and God (Allah). We believe that
Allah will provide us, will sustain us, ensure us, so that we needn’t worry. The
key is giving without expecting anything - simply give - knowing and trusting and
we will always have more than what we need.
“Those who give to
charity night and day, secretly and publicly, receive their recompense from
their Lord; they will have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.”
― Quran Al-Baqarah [2: 274]

Comments
Post a Comment