Pleased to the palate! Pemalang traditional food

Pemalang is my hometown. Some people might haven’t heard about Pemalang. Sometimes it also twisted with Malang, which is actually totally different.

Pemalang is a district, geographically located in Central Java, approximately 140 kilometers west of Semarang (capital of the province). It's bordered by the other districts and sea: Pekalongan to the east, Tegal to the west, Purbalingga to the south, and Java seas to the north. 

Okay, I’m not going to talk about the next geographical information (I recommend you to search or read on Wikipedia or any other web).

Talk about a place is never been complete without the culinary. So, tonight I’m going to share some information about culinary in Pemalang (you should try some, trust me. You’ll regret if you miss it)

1. Kamir
Kamir is a flour-based food, flat round shape and sweet. It has a similar shape as Dorayaki. Kamir or some people named it as kamir arab originally made by descendant of an arabic family who lived in Pemalang which later known as kampung arab in Mulyoharjo village. Afterward, it distributed over the district, along with distribution of arabic offspring in Pemalang. Kamir is homophone with group of fungi khamir, because actually there is a fermentation step during kamir making process. Kamir is really delicious served fresh and hot.



2. Lontong Dekem
Almost all Indonesian people know lontong. But I bet there are a lot of people that haven’t ever heard about Lontong Dekem. Just like other Lontong actually, but it has a different dressing type. It has a gravy-like a Soto, equipped with original spices of Pemalang (actually I haven’t tried this before, but my father said this is delicious). You can find this in the evening along the RE martadinata street, near the town square. 



3. Tahu Pletok
Tahu pletok is made from a tahu (tofu) which fried in heated oil until it turns crispy. Before fried, the tofu will be squeezed and seasoned so that the taste of this tahu pletok is like combination of a crisp texture and salty. You can find this in a village name Karangmoncol. About 25 kilometers heading to the south of pemalang regency.



4. Grombyang
This is the most famous culinary in Pemalang. I really like this food. Actually this similar to Soto except it was made using buffalo meat, instead of beef, chicken or lamb. Grombyang isn’t complete without buffalo meat skewers. At a glimpse, it has blackish gravy which come from seasoning itself (I'm not really know about it). Grombyang served in a small bowl mixed with white rice.
The most famous grombyang is ‘Grombyang H Warso’ which is located near the railway station. Actually there a lot of warung grombyang in Pemalang such as Grombyang waridin which is located next to SMA N 1 pemalang etc. 



Actually, there are still a lot of food that haven't been shown here like Sate loso, ogel-ogel, manisan nanas belik, Jipang, apem comal etc. Unfortunately, it's almost midnight and I started to sleepy. so ya, maybe next time if I remember and have a chance XD.
Bye

Comments

Popular Posts