Tie the knot
So today after washing my brain
with a big cup of a combination between chocolate and coffee, I got some
inspiration to write tonight. A few hours ago my friend texting me, she told me
that someone whom I know in college (Hmmm, it’s hard to say that we’re friend
since I only know him, but literary I have never interacted with him) is
planning on getting married. Actually, it was surprising
me a bit since I know that he hasn’t even graduated from his bachelor program. I mean, we’re
entering the university in the same year, which is mean if we haven’t graduated, we are still
struggling with a final assignment to fulfill the
requirement to finish undergraduate program. This not inappropriate, and I think this is not a big deal. But I thought
he’s busy enough to prepare both at the same time.
Yeah, but I have to admit… huuum
I wanna give him a big applause, because instead of asking for dating he brave
to ask a girl to marry. Oh dear, where could you find this rare typically man somewhere
else, where the world is more common with an illegal relationship (you know,
like steady which is has no real proof or authentically accepted document to show
their legal information about their relationship).
*Ehhheem (cough for real), sorry
for bringing you to the topic that might be a little bit heavy*
Talking about marriage now, in my
age (oke, I am 17 years old guys >_< it was six
years ago) wasn’t something unfrequently happened. I mean, I have
been old enough to talk about this even though my mentally hasn’t ready to talk
about mine. Almost half of my elementary school mates (girl particularly) were
married. My mother also had married at a very young age (I think), when she was
20. In addition, my Grandmother had married when she was about 15 (OMG, when I
was 15 I was a very young girl who just entered high school >_<)
Remember back then, when the
girls and boys were forced to marry at a very young age. This story has been
written in history books, where there were a lot of story about young marriage,
especially in the history of a kingdom (even though it was clearly can be seen
that marriage at that time was purposed for a throne).
Compared to the previous
generation, tendency of age-marriage has changed. The older generations before
us were getting married when they're teenagers. In contrast, normally this
generation was getting married after 20 or even in the early 30. There some
reasons why this phenomena was happening, such as career, pursue their dream,
happiness, and strong will to 'I have to
finish what I want to do before making a family,' and so on.
Married at a young age can be a
really good thing. Since my mother married when she was 20, I know as a
daughter, I can be really close to my mother. Even sometimes she acts like my
friend instead of only mother, because she still young enough. That’s one of
the good points over hundred other good things about having a
young mother. However, there also some uncomfortable thing happened. Like the
first time my mother became a mother, she still awkward for having a baby at
such a young age (maybe it’s kind a baby blue syndrome, commonly happened to the new mom), moreover in public place. She even ever
told me that when I was calling my mother in a public place, before she
approached, she would do a double check to make sure no one watching her (Oh my……
why you so clumsy >_<).
Marry when you are ready
The word ‘ready’ here has a lot
of different perspectives. Someone can easily say ready anytime,
but the others may need time to think about it. Everybody has their own
standard, parameter and any other things related to measuring how ready you are. One of my friend said ‘marriage isn’t easy’ yet she hasn’t married (I think she’s still
preparing for it, so that she said that it wasn’t easy).
Meanwhile, one of my friends who has
married last year said to me few days before the D-day ‘Actually, I haven't been ready. But yeah, you know, you’ll never be
ready until you marry’
So, are you ready or not? The
answer all depends on you. You’re the one who will go through
your marriage life story, so you are the one who knows your own answer, aren’t you?
Okay to sum this up, I will show you some of the tips (which I got from expert I found in the blog) the sign whether you have been ready or haven’t (ps. Because I haven’t married yet so I can’t give you tips or clue about it.)
Okay to sum this up, I will show you some of the tips (which I got from expert I found in the blog) the sign whether you have been ready or haven’t (ps. Because I haven’t married yet so I can’t give you tips or clue about it.)
Signs that you’re ready (www.Mindbodygreen.com )
1. You understand the difference
between real love and infatuation.
2. You're ready to grieve the end
of being single.
3. You understand that it's not
your partner's job to fulfill you, complete you, rescue you, or make you feel
alive.
4. You have a healthy way of
handling conflict.
5. You are aligned in terms of
core values.
Signs that you’re not ready (www.Cheatsheet.com)
1. You’re selfish
2. You have an unresolved past
3. You like playing the field
4. You’re hiding a secret
5. You have doubts
So, what’s your plan now? Are you
ready or not? You must know your priority, right?
“Among His signs is that He created for you mates from among
yourselves, in order to have tranquility with them and He put love and mercy
between your (hearts) : verily in that are signs for those who reflect.”
Quran Ar-Rum [30:21]

Comments
Post a Comment