The value of honesty

Being real, show who you really are, throw away mask of fakeness isn’t always easy. There are a lot of obstacles you’ll find when you’re trying to be yourself or trying to speak the truth. I’ve met with hundreds of difficulty whenever I tried to be honest. Inspite of tons of dificulties, I always remember that something untrue will be followed by something bad. I just want to reduce the negative effect. That’s what floating in my head.

When I was student in college, I also found difficulties. Short example like when we’re having an exam, there were some of my friends who were asking me for the answer. I never tried to hide the knowledge that I’ve got, but in the middle of exam?? Sorry dudes, I can’t do that. You may ask me anything, and I’ll answer your question as long as I know the answer, but not in the exam room. That’s my principle.

At the really first, I know there were some of people who didn’t like my action. But I didn’t care. Until finally one day I met someone who just has changed because she was moved. In the first semester she cheated during the exam, but in the next semester she never did it anymore. I like it.

Another difficulty was coming few weeks ago, when I was called for job interview. After passing few step of selection, I was chosen to be the top 3 of the candidates to work under vaccine laboratory in health research organization. Based on interview, the head of the laboratory seems interested to my laboratory experience. She said that among three candidates (include me) I was the one with higher work experience in laboratory, particularly in molecular lab work. She almost choose me, yup almost just until the final question. She ask me whether I have an chronic illness or something else. I just said that actually I have been under medication for about almost a year, and that was still continuing. she shocked and in the next day she told me that I was rejected (I’m pretty sure because of the final question :) ). One of my friend asking me "why did you answering without thinking about the risk?? she might accept you if you didn't tell her about you illness" . I have no idea. The first thing that came to my mind was what's the point of being accepted when I conceal the truth?
I  Just think, ya this is for the best, better told her the truth. I believe that Allah has prepared something more valuable and more beautiful than I ever expect. 
 


I just need to stick into my principle
Say what worth to be told
Honesty is the last treasure that human possess

Comments

Popular Posts